SYNTORIAL – SYNTH PROGRAMMING TUTORIAL SOFTWARE
Syntorial is a training software which teaches how to program synth patches by ear. The idea is to combine tutorials with interactive lessons, so the student will learn how to understand terms such as ring modulation, attack, decay, oscillator, waveforms and so on. It’s a cool and joyful way of learning sound design.
Created by Audible Genius, a software company owned by Joe Hanley, Syntorial was released in 2013, as a Kickstarter-funded project.
Syntorial starts with one parameter at a time, so you can easily and progressively understand each synth’s control and recognize them by ear.
Syntorial comes with a built-in virtual instrument: Primer, a synthesizer that can also be used as a VST/AU plugin in your preferred host.
It’s a great product, designed for electronic musicians, sound designers, and music engineers.
- 199 lessons;
- 129 challenges, which consist in programming patches with Syntorial’s built-in synth;
- Over 700 patches to program – meaning that after all lessons, you will have programmed a lot;
- Learn about over 60 parameters found on most synths;
- 39 quizzes.
- Mac with OS 10.6 or later;
- PC with Windows 7, 8, 10 or Vista;
- iPad with iOS 8 or later;
- 1GB of free disk space.
You can download a demo version on http://www.syntorial.com/try-for-free/ , which contains the first 22 Essential Lessons.
VST BUZZ is offering a 40%-off deal for purchasing Syntorial: visit http://vstbuzz.com/deals/40-off-syntorial/
Registered users also have add-on lessons packs on Sylenth1, Minimoog Voyager and Z3ta+ 2.