PURPLE DRUMS – BY SYMPLESOUND
Symplesound is based in Austin, Texas, founded by sound designer Francis Prève. The idea was to build a team to create great sample libraries and preset collections by sampling analog and vintage synths and modules. The company has recently released Purple Drums – a free educational Live 9.5 project, which recreates Prince’s iconic 80’s drum sounds.
As one of the biggest fans of Prince, Francis Prève wanted to pay tribute to the artist (passed away in April/2016) by releasing an educational Ableton Live project, which can teach musicians how Prince has created his legendary drum sounds.
Purple Drums is all about the Linn LM-1 drum machine. It contains a drum rack with samples from the LM-1 and also from the LinnDrum, plus effects that demonstrate Prince’s approach to working with drums and percussion in the studio.
The product is an amazing tool that every musician and producer can get for free, and it has brilliant and valuable music production lessons.
– 16 Linn LM-1 and LinnDrum samples;
– Eight Macros that map main instrument effects settings;
– 10 royalty-free MIDI drum files recreating Prince beats such as the ones from “When Doves Cry”, “Let’s go Crazy”, “Purple Rain”, and others;
– A Drum Rack with all samples and effects;
– Interactive manual to teach Prince’s approach to drum production.
Purple Drums is compatible with Live 9.5 and above.
You can download the project at http://www.symplesound.com/shop/purpledrums