Audiobox iTwo is a new audio interface from PreSonus, designed for mobile musicians, sound designers, music producers, DJs, and podcasters. It offers 2 inputs/2 outputs, 24bit/96kHz recording resolution, and a dedicated iPad connection.
The front panel shows two combo XLR/TRS inputs, with individual gain knobs and a line/instrument switch. Both channels are equipped with Class A preamplifiers and +48V phantom power. A Mix knob will allow the user to select and mix the signal from the live input and the playback input (zero-latency monitoring). There’s also a Main Volume knob and a headphone switch, with an independent gain control.
The back panel comes with Midi In/Out jacks, so that you can connect a midi device to the interface. A USB 2.0 is available to connect Audiobox iTwo directly to a computer for both data and power. A Device port is the dedicated to connecting the interface to the iPad. Next , there are two main outputs.
Connecting the iPad to Audiobox iTwo is simple: connect the iPad to the Device port using the native USB cable. Then connect the USB 2.0 port to a regular USB cable, and at the other end, plug the iPad’s charger.
– 2in/2-out, 24-bit, 96kHz audio interface;
– Low-noise, high-headroom mic preamps;
– 2 combo XLR/TRS analog inputs;
– 2 TRS main outputs;
– Midi In/Out jacks;
– Bus powered (no power supply required);
– Independent phone output;
– +48V phantom power;
– Zero-latency monitoring;
– Studio One Artist DAW software included;
– Capture Duo for iPad included;
– Compatible with most recording software for Windows, Mac, and iPad.
Visit Presonus website: www.presonus.com