SL MKII is an impressive series of advanced professional USB midi controllers by Novation. This series has three models with keys (SL MKII 25, 49 and 61) and also a model without keys: the SL MKII Zero.
The models with keys combine semi-weighted fatar keys with a good amount of controls. It is perfect for musicians, producers, composers and DJs.
At the top, there’s a 144-character LCD screen, with shows the current controlled parameter. There’s also a set of eight endless encoders, with LED rings around it, making easier to have immediate visual feedback. eight
SL MKII series comes with a set of eight totally assignable knobs, eight trigger pads, and eight sliders so that you can have any needed control available.
All encoders, knobs and sliders are touch-sensitive: by selecting any of the controls, all settings information will be displayed on the LED screen.
The product has 32 assignable buttons with integrated LEDs, an X-Y pad and a joystick (mostly used for modulation and pitch bend).
The rear panel has MIDI In/Out/Thru 5-pin jacks, an additional MIDI Out jack, Sustain and Expression pedal inputs, as well as USB port and a power adaptor input.
SL MKII includes a Novation Automap software, which will help to map functions for all major DAWs and plugins in the market.
– 25, 49 and 61 semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keys, with aftertouch;
– Blue backlit LCD screen;
– 8 endless encoders with touchy-sensitivity and segment LED rings;
– 8 touch-sensitive knobs;
– 8 touch-sensitive sliders;
– 32 buttons;
– Xpression X-Y pad;
– Xpression joystick;
– USB port;
– Midi In/Out/Thru;
– Additional Midi Out jack;
– Power adaptor jack (power supply not included);
– Sustain and Expression 1/4″ inputs;
– Novation Automap software included;
– Ableton Live 9 Lite included;
– 4GB of Loopmasters sample library included.
Visit Novation website: www.novationmusic.com