Akai APC Key 25
A few years ago, when Ableton Live became one of the best DAWs for electronic music producers, there was a lack of good customizable controllers to use in a performance.
Then Akai released a series of Live dedicated controllers – the very first one, APC 40, was totally customized to use with Ableton Live. And not only limited to that, APC 40 had the possibility of totally re-assign any function. It brought the Live performance possibilities to a new level.
The new Akai APC Key 25 is a controller that covers the main features of Live’ Session View with the addition of 25 synth-action mini keys. So, imagine that now you can have a midi controller fully dedicated to use with Ableton Live. One specific feature is the Sustain button, which can be used with melodies and chords, giving a piano-style sustain feel.
Akai APC Key 25 helps to bring to reality the idea of a good ‘mobile studio’. You can travel anywhere in the world and keep producing. All you’re going to need is a laptop, an audio interface, headphones and the APC Key25. Sounds pretty good to an electronic music producer, huh?
– 25 synth-action keys;
– 8 assignable knobs for functions as volume control, sends, pan and more;
– Dedicated octave up, octave down and sustain buttons;
– Directional arrows to have access to the full Live’s grid;
– Tri-color lightning on the clip launch matrix to display the current clip status;
– USB-powered (no power adaptors required);
– Plug and Play setup for Mac and PC;
– The product includes Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist (both virtual synthesizers) and Toolroom Records artist launch (a sample pack for download).
APC Key25 is available on an Akai Pro Dealer next to you and also can be purchased directly in Akai’s website (http://www.akaipro.com/product/apc-key-25#overview).